Not much you can say. Oklahoma won. But the seaon is not over and the possiblities still remain for an amazing year for Texas Tech.
Friday, November 21, 2008
The sidewalk in the front of the church was poured on Wednesday. This sidewalk runs from the east end of our facilities to the worship center and our new front entrance.
There is still more work to be done, but we are beginning to see a real change in the front of the church.
The Facility Study Committee met with Paul Sanchez, our architect who is in charge of our building project on Wednesday night. We had a good meeting and learned that everything is going according to schedule for our new buildings. As you notice this morning, the new sidewalks in the front of the church have been poured. They are also new lights surrounding the worship center to light up the front and side parking lots. We were given the following schedule for the coming days.
· They are still deciding at this time whether to put down the asphalt in the front parking lot now or at the end of the project
· Construction on the foundations of two of new buildings will start in the middle of December.
· They will move the modular building over the Christmas holidays
· They will start work on the third foundation as soon as the modular building is moved.
· Foundations should be poured during the early part of January
· Completion date for the project is the end of March
- Paul tells the church at Colassae to do two things: (1) Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart; (2) Let the word of Christ richly dwell in you. (Colossians 3:15-17).
- In these same three verses are three calls to be thankful: (1) Be thankful (v. 15); (2) singing with thanksgiving in your hearts to God (v. 16); (3) giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
- The ability to be truly thankful comes when we decide to let peace of Christ control our hearts and when we let the word of Christ richly dwell within our lives. Thanksgiving is not dependent on circumstances, people, or situations. Most people have trouble being thankful in all things because they do not trust Jesus to take care of them. They forget his words of promise because they have chosen to not let them richly dwell within their lives.
- You will know you are obedient to Christ, when thanksgiving is in your words, songs, and actions.
Friday, November 07, 2008
We are slowly moving forward at the church in our construction project. This is the front of the church between the Worship Center and the Education Building. We will have a new walkway from the front parking lot to the entrance of our worship center. We will also have handicap entrance at this point also. The picture on the right is the new sidewalk that will be across the front of the entire Education Building. They are saying that we will be finished with the front in about two weeks.