Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Emphasis with my Blog

My two trips to Costa Rica has caused me to stop and reflect upon what is important in life. I have always known that our hope is to be built upon Jesus Christ and Him alone. It is a fact that we have all grown up with in our lives. My struggle as a pastor has always been a disconnect between people at church and then out in their everyday lives. At church they are so victorious and in life they seem overwhelmed by the problems of family, work, and the world.

I am beginning a new emphasis with my blog on knowing Jesus Christ. The passage that will set the tone for my blogging will be Psalms 46:10. The Psalmist says, "Be still, and know that I am God." (ESV).

I will be writing on the importance of stopping and reflecting upon the work of the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ. I hope that all I write will be a help to you as you seek to know Jesus, the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His suffering.

No comments: