Friday, October 24, 2003

Yesterday, I had the priviliege of walking the halls of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. I had the chance to see the portraits of such great men as James P. Boyce, John Broaddus, and A. T. Robertson. I was given the privilege of sitting at the desk of Dr. Al Mohler, President of Southern Seminary. As I walked through the campus, I was hit by the fact that many great men and women have walked these halls over the last 150 years. They have gone out into the world and given their lives in service to Jesus Christ.

I left campus this morning to come home and have a renewed sense of dedication to continue to walk in the steps of those who have gone beforeus . They have left us great examples of faith, dedication, love, commitment, and sacrifice. We are to learn from them. The apostle Paul says, "Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us." We are to follow the example of Paul, but also to observe others who walk with the Lord Jesus and follow the pattern that they leave us.

I challenge you to study the life of a great Christian and learn from them. Then put into practice the examples that have been given to us!!

No comments: